May 28, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Zambrano signed a minor-league deal with the Phillies two weeks ago and with Roy Halladay and John Lannan both on the disabled list he definitely has an opportunity to get back to the majors relatively quickly.
Zambrano is still just 31 years old, but he had a 4.49 ERA and terrible 95/75 K/BB ratio in 132 innings for the Marlins last season, including a 6.60 ERA and more walks (46) than strikeouts (39) in his final 59 innings.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)