May 28, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Zambrano signed a minor-league deal with the Phillies two weeks ago and with Roy Halladay and John Lannan both on the disabled list he definitely has an opportunity to get back to the majors relatively quickly.
Zambrano is still just 31 years old, but he had a 4.49 ERA and terrible 95/75 K/BB ratio in 132 innings for the Marlins last season, including a 6.60 ERA and more walks (46) than strikeouts (39) in his final 59 innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)