May 28, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Zambrano signed a minor-league deal with the Phillies two weeks ago and with Roy Halladay and John Lannan both on the disabled list he definitely has an opportunity to get back to the majors relatively quickly.
Zambrano is still just 31 years old, but he had a 4.49 ERA and terrible 95/75 K/BB ratio in 132 innings for the Marlins last season, including a 6.60 ERA and more walks (46) than strikeouts (39) in his final 59 innings.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)