May 28, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
This is in the form of a question because this New York Post article, while raising a potentially interesting question, provides little in the way of context with which we can answer it:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Mets charged Yankees family members $250 for last night’s Subway Series game. The fact the Mets charged the Braves $80 per seat Friday, Saturday and Sunday angered the Yankees, who host the Mets tomorrow and Thursday night.
On the surface it does sound like a bit of a price hike. But were the seats in the same place? Are weeknight tickets different than weekday? Are Yankees games on a different price tier than Braves games?
Maybe that doesn’t account for a 3x+ price hike, but I’d be curious to know more before I started making up clever tabloidy headlines about it.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)