May 28, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
This is in the form of a question because this New York Post article, while raising a potentially interesting question, provides little in the way of context with which we can answer it:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Mets charged Yankees family members $250 for last night’s Subway Series game. The fact the Mets charged the Braves $80 per seat Friday, Saturday and Sunday angered the Yankees, who host the Mets tomorrow and Thursday night.
On the surface it does sound like a bit of a price hike. But were the seats in the same place? Are weeknight tickets different than weekday? Are Yankees games on a different price tier than Braves games?
Maybe that doesn’t account for a 3x+ price hike, but I’d be curious to know more before I started making up clever tabloidy headlines about it.
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 11
- Futures Game lineups: Team USA vs. Team World 6
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 22
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 3
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)