May 28, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
This is in the form of a question because this New York Post article, while raising a potentially interesting question, provides little in the way of context with which we can answer it:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Mets charged Yankees family members $250 for last night’s Subway Series game. The fact the Mets charged the Braves $80 per seat Friday, Saturday and Sunday angered the Yankees, who host the Mets tomorrow and Thursday night.
On the surface it does sound like a bit of a price hike. But were the seats in the same place? Are weeknight tickets different than weekday? Are Yankees games on a different price tier than Braves games?
Maybe that doesn’t account for a 3x+ price hike, but I’d be curious to know more before I started making up clever tabloidy headlines about it.
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 1
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 4
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)