HBT Daily: Interleague play is better now that it’s constant

May 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT

I guess. If you’re into that sort of thing. And I offer three reasons why the Angels are hot right now.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. baseballicious - May 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I agree 100% – It is fun to watch.

2. Francisco (FC) - May 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

And I offer three reasons why the Angels are hot right now

Cameron, Lucy and Drew.

3. okwhitefalcon - May 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Not sure what’s “improved” about it from a spectator viewpoint.

Attendance is down, ratings are down and the novelty has essentially worn off.

From a personal viewpoint, being subjected to 4 Cards/Royals games is akin to cruel and unusual punishment.

4. gls24 - May 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Looking at the attendance figures for Monday (NY, Tampa Bay, Chicago) leads me to believe no one really thinks these games are special any longer.

5. gosuhgo - May 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I really only care especially about interleague play when the Tigs are away in the NL. I love watching Verlander hack at pitches all day. Having Gerald Laird talk shit to him while he constantly struck out was too funny last year. Other than that, I don’t really feel like it’s a special day or anything when the Pirates come to town.

6. brickhead2012 - May 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I know only crazy people post opinions like the following but,

There are problems with league scheduling. The following proposed schedule change results in a 161 game season.

I propose a schedule that expands interleague play to 45 games per team.
    Each team plays 3 games per year against EVERY team in the opposing league.
    Each team will alternate every year who is at home. Home field in the World Series is based on the combined record over the last 2 years against each other. (Tie breakers will be needed, of course, like including a 3 or 4 year history).

Each division to face each other 6 times each (3 game series at home and away every year)

Divisional opponents will face each other 14 times (3 and 4 game series at home and away)

I think some of the advantages are;
    You get a chance to see every team in the other league come to your stadium every other year for a 3 game series.
    You get 1 home and away every year with league opponents.
    Every team in your division face each other 14 times (3 game series and 4 game series at home and away every year). AND every team in your division faced the same opponents the same amount of times.

Obviously I have given this way too much thought.

7. louhudson23 - May 29, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Do away with it.Please.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. M. Cuddyer (3007)