May 28, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
UPDATE: A little ominous, despite the claim of Morrow making his next start:
According to a #BlueJays spokesman, Morrow’s forearm is just sore and he is still scheduled to make his next start.We’ll find out more later
— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) May 28, 2013
1:31 PM: Watching the Braves-Blue Jays game. In addition to it being a comedy of defensive ineptitude through the first couple of innings, something else of note happened: Brandon Morrow was pulled after two innings of work. Two innings in which the Braves hit him hard in 47 pitches and in which his velocity seemed a bit off.
Maybe John Gibbons just didn’t like what he saw. Maybe something is wrong with him. If we hear any updates we’ll let you know.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 0
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)