May 28, 2013, 1:31 PM EST
UPDATE: A little ominous, despite the claim of Morrow making his next start:
According to a #BlueJays spokesman, Morrow’s forearm is just sore and he is still scheduled to make his next start.We’ll find out more later
— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) May 28, 2013
1:31 PM: Watching the Braves-Blue Jays game. In addition to it being a comedy of defensive ineptitude through the first couple of innings, something else of note happened: Brandon Morrow was pulled after two innings of work. Two innings in which the Braves hit him hard in 47 pitches and in which his velocity seemed a bit off.
Maybe John Gibbons just didn’t like what he saw. Maybe something is wrong with him. If we hear any updates we’ll let you know.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)