May 28, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
UPDATE: A little ominous, despite the claim of Morrow making his next start:
According to a #BlueJays spokesman, Morrow’s forearm is just sore and he is still scheduled to make his next start.We’ll find out more later
— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) May 28, 2013
1:31 PM: Watching the Braves-Blue Jays game. In addition to it being a comedy of defensive ineptitude through the first couple of innings, something else of note happened: Brandon Morrow was pulled after two innings of work. Two innings in which the Braves hit him hard in 47 pitches and in which his velocity seemed a bit off.
Maybe John Gibbons just didn’t like what he saw. Maybe something is wrong with him. If we hear any updates we’ll let you know.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)