May 28, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Franklin Morales is back from the disabled list after being out since the end of spring training with a strained pectoral muscle and to make room for him on the roster the Red Sox demoted Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A.
Aceves tossed six innings of one-run ball against the Phillies in a spot start last night and no doubt reacted to the demotion with class and civility. And as was the case last month, Aceves will accept the assignment to the minors because he wants to keep getting paid.
Morales has a 3.73 ERA and 107/41 K/BB ratio in 109 innings for the Red Sox since coming over from the Rockies in May of 2011.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)