May 28, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Franklin Morales is back from the disabled list after being out since the end of spring training with a strained pectoral muscle and to make room for him on the roster the Red Sox demoted Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A.
Aceves tossed six innings of one-run ball against the Phillies in a spot start last night and no doubt reacted to the demotion with class and civility. And as was the case last month, Aceves will accept the assignment to the minors because he wants to keep getting paid.
Morales has a 3.73 ERA and 107/41 K/BB ratio in 109 innings for the Red Sox since coming over from the Rockies in May of 2011.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)