May 28, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Franklin Morales is back from the disabled list after being out since the end of spring training with a strained pectoral muscle and to make room for him on the roster the Red Sox demoted Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A.
Aceves tossed six innings of one-run ball against the Phillies in a spot start last night and no doubt reacted to the demotion with class and civility. And as was the case last month, Aceves will accept the assignment to the minors because he wants to keep getting paid.
Morales has a 3.73 ERA and 107/41 K/BB ratio in 109 innings for the Red Sox since coming over from the Rockies in May of 2011.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8