May 28, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Franklin Morales is back from the disabled list after being out since the end of spring training with a strained pectoral muscle and to make room for him on the roster the Red Sox demoted Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A.
Aceves tossed six innings of one-run ball against the Phillies in a spot start last night and no doubt reacted to the demotion with class and civility. And as was the case last month, Aceves will accept the assignment to the minors because he wants to keep getting paid.
Morales has a 3.73 ERA and 107/41 K/BB ratio in 109 innings for the Red Sox since coming over from the Rockies in May of 2011.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)