May 28, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Franklin Morales is back from the disabled list after being out since the end of spring training with a strained pectoral muscle and to make room for him on the roster the Red Sox demoted Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A.
Aceves tossed six innings of one-run ball against the Phillies in a spot start last night and no doubt reacted to the demotion with class and civility. And as was the case last month, Aceves will accept the assignment to the minors because he wants to keep getting paid.
Morales has a 3.73 ERA and 107/41 K/BB ratio in 109 innings for the Red Sox since coming over from the Rockies in May of 2011.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)