May 28, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun was out of the Brewers’ lineup yesterday because the discomfort from the thumb injury he’s had for two weeks was finally too much, but he felt good enough to pinch-hit in the ninth inning and is back in the lineup tonight.
Braun lined out as a pinch-hitter yesterday, but hit well overall during the stretch in which he described himself as “basically swinging with one hand for two weeks.” However, as of yesterday he was seemingly hinting at taking some time off to let the injury heal.
So either he made a miraculous recovery or Braun and the Brewers have decided playing through the pain is the smart move.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)