May 28, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun was out of the Brewers’ lineup yesterday because the discomfort from the thumb injury he’s had for two weeks was finally too much, but he felt good enough to pinch-hit in the ninth inning and is back in the lineup tonight.
Braun lined out as a pinch-hitter yesterday, but hit well overall during the stretch in which he described himself as “basically swinging with one hand for two weeks.” However, as of yesterday he was seemingly hinting at taking some time off to let the injury heal.
So either he made a miraculous recovery or Braun and the Brewers have decided playing through the pain is the smart move.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 31
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)