May 28, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Ryan Braun was out of the Brewers’ lineup yesterday because the discomfort from the thumb injury he’s had for two weeks was finally too much, but he felt good enough to pinch-hit in the ninth inning and is back in the lineup tonight.
Braun lined out as a pinch-hitter yesterday, but hit well overall during the stretch in which he described himself as “basically swinging with one hand for two weeks.” However, as of yesterday he was seemingly hinting at taking some time off to let the injury heal.
So either he made a miraculous recovery or Braun and the Brewers have decided playing through the pain is the smart move.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)