May 28, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Ryan Braun was out of the Brewers’ lineup yesterday because the discomfort from the thumb injury he’s had for two weeks was finally too much, but he felt good enough to pinch-hit in the ninth inning and is back in the lineup tonight.
Braun lined out as a pinch-hitter yesterday, but hit well overall during the stretch in which he described himself as “basically swinging with one hand for two weeks.” However, as of yesterday he was seemingly hinting at taking some time off to let the injury heal.
So either he made a miraculous recovery or Braun and the Brewers have decided playing through the pain is the smart move.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)