May 28, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Ryan Braun was out of the Brewers’ lineup yesterday because the discomfort from the thumb injury he’s had for two weeks was finally too much, but he felt good enough to pinch-hit in the ninth inning and is back in the lineup tonight.
Braun lined out as a pinch-hitter yesterday, but hit well overall during the stretch in which he described himself as “basically swinging with one hand for two weeks.” However, as of yesterday he was seemingly hinting at taking some time off to let the injury heal.
So either he made a miraculous recovery or Braun and the Brewers have decided playing through the pain is the smart move.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)