May 28, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
I get all the Mariano Rivera love, but this is weird:
Mets have asked Mariano Rivera to throw tonight’s ceremonial first pitch at Citi Field. He said he’d be honored to do it.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 28, 2013
It’s fun and I don’t care — personally I hope Fred Wilpon was present at the christening of Chipper Jones’ kid Shea — but I feel like there are a lot of Mets fans who are gonna be kinda irked that the guy who is likely going to close out tonight’s Mets loss will be throwing out the first pitch too.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47