May 28, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
I get all the Mariano Rivera love, but this is weird:
Mets have asked Mariano Rivera to throw tonight’s ceremonial first pitch at Citi Field. He said he’d be honored to do it.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 28, 2013
It’s fun and I don’t care — personally I hope Fred Wilpon was present at the christening of Chipper Jones’ kid Shea — but I feel like there are a lot of Mets fans who are gonna be kinda irked that the guy who is likely going to close out tonight’s Mets loss will be throwing out the first pitch too.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 41
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)