May 28, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
I get all the Mariano Rivera love, but this is weird:
Mets have asked Mariano Rivera to throw tonight’s ceremonial first pitch at Citi Field. He said he’d be honored to do it.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 28, 2013
It’s fun and I don’t care — personally I hope Fred Wilpon was present at the christening of Chipper Jones’ kid Shea — but I feel like there are a lot of Mets fans who are gonna be kinda irked that the guy who is likely going to close out tonight’s Mets loss will be throwing out the first pitch too.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)