May 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Hanson threw 75 pitches in a simulated game on Saturday and is set to start either Friday or Saturday for the Angels. They get Jered Weaver back on Wednesday. This, in conjunction with a pretty easy stretch of the schedule makes the next couple of weeks a pretty critical time for Scioscia’s gang.
Hanson is 2-1 with a 3.86 ERA in five starts this year. His last start came on May 4.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 13
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 24
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)