May 28, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Chamberlain threw two innings in an extended spring training game Saturday and told Hoch that he was clocked in the mid-90s, which suggests at the very least his arm is certainly healthy.
Before the injury Chamberlain had a 3.86 ERA and 7/6 K/BB ratio in 9.1 innings, but manager Joe Girardi has said he’ll slide Chamberlain back into a seventh-inning setup role in front of David Robertson and Mariano Rivera.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 13
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 81
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (81)