May 28, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Chamberlain threw two innings in an extended spring training game Saturday and told Hoch that he was clocked in the mid-90s, which suggests at the very least his arm is certainly healthy.
Before the injury Chamberlain had a 3.86 ERA and 7/6 K/BB ratio in 9.1 innings, but manager Joe Girardi has said he’ll slide Chamberlain back into a seventh-inning setup role in front of David Robertson and Mariano Rivera.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)