May 29, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
As first reported by the Tampa Bay Times‘ Marc Topkin, the Rays have scratched right-hander Alex Cobb from his start Friday against the Indians because of a small cut on his right hand that affects his grip when he throws offspeed pitches.
Matt Moore will slide from Thursday to Friday and recent call-up Alex Colome will fill in for Moore.
Cobb has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball this season, boasting a 2.66 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 62/14 K/BB ratio through 10 starts. The cut should heal completely with treatment and time.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)