May 29, 2013, 10:27 PM EST
As first reported by the Tampa Bay Times‘ Marc Topkin, the Rays have scratched right-hander Alex Cobb from his start Friday against the Indians because of a small cut on his right hand that affects his grip when he throws offspeed pitches.
Matt Moore will slide from Thursday to Friday and recent call-up Alex Colome will fill in for Moore.
Cobb has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball this season, boasting a 2.66 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 62/14 K/BB ratio through 10 starts. The cut should heal completely with treatment and time.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)