May 29, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
As first reported by the Tampa Bay Times‘ Marc Topkin, the Rays have scratched right-hander Alex Cobb from his start Friday against the Indians because of a small cut on his right hand that affects his grip when he throws offspeed pitches.
Matt Moore will slide from Thursday to Friday and recent call-up Alex Colome will fill in for Moore.
Cobb has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball this season, boasting a 2.66 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 62/14 K/BB ratio through 10 starts. The cut should heal completely with treatment and time.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)