May 29, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
And he’s apparently not any closer to returning.
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Pagan was given a cortisone shot on Wednesday afternoon in an effort to tame the lingering discomfort in his hamstring. If the injection does not do the trick and Pagan is unavailable for Friday evening’s series opener at Busch Stadium, he will likely be placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 26).
Pagan, 31, is batting .262/.314/.374 with three home runs, six steals and 24 RBI in 46 games this season. The Giants have been using Gregor Blanco in center and Andres Torres in left in Pagan’s absence.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)