May 29, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
And he’s apparently not any closer to returning.
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Pagan was given a cortisone shot on Wednesday afternoon in an effort to tame the lingering discomfort in his hamstring. If the injection does not do the trick and Pagan is unavailable for Friday evening’s series opener at Busch Stadium, he will likely be placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 26).
Pagan, 31, is batting .262/.314/.374 with three home runs, six steals and 24 RBI in 46 games this season. The Giants have been using Gregor Blanco in center and Andres Torres in left in Pagan’s absence.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)