May 29, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
And he’s apparently not any closer to returning.
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Pagan was given a cortisone shot on Wednesday afternoon in an effort to tame the lingering discomfort in his hamstring. If the injection does not do the trick and Pagan is unavailable for Friday evening’s series opener at Busch Stadium, he will likely be placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 26).
Pagan, 31, is batting .262/.314/.374 with three home runs, six steals and 24 RBI in 46 games this season. The Giants have been using Gregor Blanco in center and Andres Torres in left in Pagan’s absence.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)