May 29, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
And he’s apparently not any closer to returning.
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Pagan was given a cortisone shot on Wednesday afternoon in an effort to tame the lingering discomfort in his hamstring. If the injection does not do the trick and Pagan is unavailable for Friday evening’s series opener at Busch Stadium, he will likely be placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 26).
Pagan, 31, is batting .262/.314/.374 with three home runs, six steals and 24 RBI in 46 games this season. The Giants have been using Gregor Blanco in center and Andres Torres in left in Pagan’s absence.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 36
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 44
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)