May 29, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
And he’s apparently not any closer to returning.
According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Pagan was given a cortisone shot on Wednesday afternoon in an effort to tame the lingering discomfort in his hamstring. If the injection does not do the trick and Pagan is unavailable for Friday evening’s series opener at Busch Stadium, he will likely be placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 26).
Pagan, 31, is batting .262/.314/.374 with three home runs, six steals and 24 RBI in 46 games this season. The Giants have been using Gregor Blanco in center and Andres Torres in left in Pagan’s absence.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)