May 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Brett Lawrie exited Monday’s game with a sprained left ankle and now the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Lawrie also spent part of April on the DL with a rib cage injury and has hit just .209 with five homers and a .642 OPS in 37 games when healthy enough to play. Mark DeRosa drew the start at third base in Lawrie’s absence yesterday, but the 38-year-old has hit just .206 as a part-timer this season and hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since way back in 2009.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 8
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 26
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 99
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (99)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)