May 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Brett Lawrie exited Monday’s game with a sprained left ankle and now the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Lawrie also spent part of April on the DL with a rib cage injury and has hit just .209 with five homers and a .642 OPS in 37 games when healthy enough to play. Mark DeRosa drew the start at third base in Lawrie’s absence yesterday, but the 38-year-old has hit just .206 as a part-timer this season and hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since way back in 2009.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)