May 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Brett Lawrie exited Monday’s game with a sprained left ankle and now the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Lawrie also spent part of April on the DL with a rib cage injury and has hit just .209 with five homers and a .642 OPS in 37 games when healthy enough to play. Mark DeRosa drew the start at third base in Lawrie’s absence yesterday, but the 38-year-old has hit just .206 as a part-timer this season and hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since way back in 2009.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)