May 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Brett Lawrie exited Monday’s game with a sprained left ankle and now the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Lawrie also spent part of April on the DL with a rib cage injury and has hit just .209 with five homers and a .642 OPS in 37 games when healthy enough to play. Mark DeRosa drew the start at third base in Lawrie’s absence yesterday, but the 38-year-old has hit just .206 as a part-timer this season and hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since way back in 2009.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 11
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)