May 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he could come off the disabled list to rejoin the Dodgers as soon as Monday.
Ramirez missed all of April with a broken thumb suffered during the World Baseball Classic and then injured his hamstring just four games after returning, sidelining him since May 3. In his absence Dodgers shortstops have hit a combined .192 with four homers and a .569 OPS in 50 games, whereas even in a down season Ramirez smacked 24 homers and posted a .737 OPS last year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)