May 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he could come off the disabled list to rejoin the Dodgers as soon as Monday.
Ramirez missed all of April with a broken thumb suffered during the World Baseball Classic and then injured his hamstring just four games after returning, sidelining him since May 3. In his absence Dodgers shortstops have hit a combined .192 with four homers and a .569 OPS in 50 games, whereas even in a down season Ramirez smacked 24 homers and posted a .737 OPS last year.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 34
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 35
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 32
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)