May 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he could come off the disabled list to rejoin the Dodgers as soon as Monday.
Ramirez missed all of April with a broken thumb suffered during the World Baseball Classic and then injured his hamstring just four games after returning, sidelining him since May 3. In his absence Dodgers shortstops have hit a combined .192 with four homers and a .569 OPS in 50 games, whereas even in a down season Ramirez smacked 24 homers and posted a .737 OPS last year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)