May 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he could come off the disabled list to rejoin the Dodgers as soon as Monday.
Ramirez missed all of April with a broken thumb suffered during the World Baseball Classic and then injured his hamstring just four games after returning, sidelining him since May 3. In his absence Dodgers shortstops have hit a combined .192 with four homers and a .569 OPS in 50 games, whereas even in a down season Ramirez smacked 24 homers and posted a .737 OPS last year.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)