May 29, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he could come off the disabled list to rejoin the Dodgers as soon as Monday.
Ramirez missed all of April with a broken thumb suffered during the World Baseball Classic and then injured his hamstring just four games after returning, sidelining him since May 3. In his absence Dodgers shortstops have hit a combined .192 with four homers and a .569 OPS in 50 games, whereas even in a down season Ramirez smacked 24 homers and posted a .737 OPS last year.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)