May 29, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Last week the Mets were rumored to be mulling a demotion for Ike Davis. This week the target is Ruben Tejada. Andy Martino quotes one “high-ranking Mets source” that it has been discussed. The only thing that may be holding it up at the moment are roster construction issues, as his most likely replacement – Omar Quintanilla — is not on the 40-man.
Tejada is hitting .209/.269/.264 and made a couple of lackadaisical plays last night. So you have to figure he’s on thin ice.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22