May 29, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Last week the Mets were rumored to be mulling a demotion for Ike Davis. This week the target is Ruben Tejada. Andy Martino quotes one “high-ranking Mets source” that it has been discussed. The only thing that may be holding it up at the moment are roster construction issues, as his most likely replacement – Omar Quintanilla — is not on the 40-man.
Tejada is hitting .209/.269/.264 and made a couple of lackadaisical plays last night. So you have to figure he’s on thin ice.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)