May 29, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Last week the Mets were rumored to be mulling a demotion for Ike Davis. This week the target is Ruben Tejada. Andy Martino quotes one “high-ranking Mets source” that it has been discussed. The only thing that may be holding it up at the moment are roster construction issues, as his most likely replacement — Omar Quintanilla — is not on the 40-man.
Tejada is hitting .209/.269/.264 and made a couple of lackadaisical plays last night. So you have to figure he’s on thin ice.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (139)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)