May 29, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Last week the Mets were rumored to be mulling a demotion for Ike Davis. This week the target is Ruben Tejada. Andy Martino quotes one “high-ranking Mets source” that it has been discussed. The only thing that may be holding it up at the moment are roster construction issues, as his most likely replacement — Omar Quintanilla — is not on the 40-man.
Tejada is hitting .209/.269/.264 and made a couple of lackadaisical plays last night. So you have to figure he’s on thin ice.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (186)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)