May 29, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Last week the Mets were rumored to be mulling a demotion for Ike Davis. This week the target is Ruben Tejada. Andy Martino quotes one “high-ranking Mets source” that it has been discussed. The only thing that may be holding it up at the moment are roster construction issues, as his most likely replacement — Omar Quintanilla — is not on the 40-man.
Tejada is hitting .209/.269/.264 and made a couple of lackadaisical plays last night. So you have to figure he’s on thin ice.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)