May 29, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Trevor Plouffe was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list after taking a knee to the head on the bases last Tuesday, but he passed an imPACT concussion test and is back on the Twins’ active roster.
To make room for Plouffe’s return the Twins demoted Chris Colabello to Triple-A, so the former independent leaguer’s first taste of the majors lasted just five games. He did collect a hit, but went 1-for-11 with six strikeouts and wore the wrong uniform last night.
Plouffe will resume starting at third base for the Twins after hitting .254 with four homers and a .759 OPS in 37 games to essentially match last year’s production.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 22
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)