May 29, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Chad Finn of the Boston Globe plays one of my favorite games: “remember when that guy used to play a different position?”
Everyone remembers Craig Biggio and Dale Murphy the catcher. But Carlos Delgado? Raul Ibanez? You may or may not have known, intellectually, that those guys once donned the tools of ignorance, but seeing a picture of their young selves catching is kind of unsettling. Actually, seeing ANY picture of a young Raul Ibanez is unsettling. I think he has been old since he was born.
Lots of former shortstops and stuff too. Kinda weird. Really cool.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (75)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (72)