May 29, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Chad Finn of the Boston Globe plays one of my favorite games: “remember when that guy used to play a different position?”
Everyone remembers Craig Biggio and Dale Murphy the catcher. But Carlos Delgado? Raul Ibanez? You may or may not have known, intellectually, that those guys once donned the tools of ignorance, but seeing a picture of their young selves catching is kind of unsettling. Actually, seeing ANY picture of a young Raul Ibanez is unsettling. I think he has been old since he was born.
Lots of former shortstops and stuff too. Kinda weird. Really cool.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 18
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 32
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)