May 30, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Alexi Ogando is scheduled to make a minor-league rehab start Friday at Double-A and if it goes well the Rangers right-hander will likely be cleared to return from the disabled list.
Ogando has missed the past two weeks with biceps tendinitis, but Randy Jennings of ESPN Dallas reports that he’s expected to throw around 75 pitches Friday and would be in line to rejoin the Rangers’ rotation June 7 against the Blue Jays.
Ogando had a 3.08 ERA in nine starts before getting hurt, giving him a 3.40 ERA in 39 career starts in addition to a 2.53 ERA in 103 relief appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (87)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)