May 30, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Alexi Ogando is scheduled to make a minor-league rehab start Friday at Double-A and if it goes well the Rangers right-hander will likely be cleared to return from the disabled list.
Ogando has missed the past two weeks with biceps tendinitis, but Randy Jennings of ESPN Dallas reports that he’s expected to throw around 75 pitches Friday and would be in line to rejoin the Rangers’ rotation June 7 against the Blue Jays.
Ogando had a 3.08 ERA in nine starts before getting hurt, giving him a 3.40 ERA in 39 career starts in addition to a 2.53 ERA in 103 relief appearances.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)