May 30, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Alexi Ogando is scheduled to make a minor-league rehab start Friday at Double-A and if it goes well the Rangers right-hander will likely be cleared to return from the disabled list.
Ogando has missed the past two weeks with biceps tendinitis, but Randy Jennings of ESPN Dallas reports that he’s expected to throw around 75 pitches Friday and would be in line to rejoin the Rangers’ rotation June 7 against the Blue Jays.
Ogando had a 3.08 ERA in nine starts before getting hurt, giving him a 3.40 ERA in 39 career starts in addition to a 2.53 ERA in 103 relief appearances.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)