May 30, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Alexi Ogando is scheduled to make a minor-league rehab start Friday at Double-A and if it goes well the Rangers right-hander will likely be cleared to return from the disabled list.
Ogando has missed the past two weeks with biceps tendinitis, but Randy Jennings of ESPN Dallas reports that he’s expected to throw around 75 pitches Friday and would be in line to rejoin the Rangers’ rotation June 7 against the Blue Jays.
Ogando had a 3.08 ERA in nine starts before getting hurt, giving him a 3.40 ERA in 39 career starts in addition to a 2.53 ERA in 103 relief appearances.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)