May 30, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Alexi Ogando is scheduled to make a minor-league rehab start Friday at Double-A and if it goes well the Rangers right-hander will likely be cleared to return from the disabled list.
Ogando has missed the past two weeks with biceps tendinitis, but Randy Jennings of ESPN Dallas reports that he’s expected to throw around 75 pitches Friday and would be in line to rejoin the Rangers’ rotation June 7 against the Blue Jays.
Ogando had a 3.08 ERA in nine starts before getting hurt, giving him a 3.40 ERA in 39 career starts in addition to a 2.53 ERA in 103 relief appearances.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 255
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (273)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)