May 30, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz has already missed one turn in the rotation due to soreness in the AC joint in his right shoulder, but there was some concern yesterday that he would need to be skipped again this weekend against the Yankees. Fortunately for the Red Sox, that will not be necessary.
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Buchholz felt no discomfort during while throwing a light bullpen session this afternoon. He’s now slated to make his return to the rotation Sunday night against Hiroki Kuroda.
Buchholz allowed one run in seven innings in his most recent start last Wednesday against the White Sox. He is 7-0 with an AL-leading 1.73 ERA through 10 starts this season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17