May 30, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Clay Buchholz has already missed one turn in the rotation due to soreness in the AC joint in his right shoulder, but there was some concern yesterday that he would need to be skipped again this weekend against the Yankees. Fortunately for the Red Sox, that will not be necessary.
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Buchholz felt no discomfort during while throwing a light bullpen session this afternoon. He’s now slated to make his return to the rotation Sunday night against Hiroki Kuroda.
Buchholz allowed one run in seven innings in his most recent start last Wednesday against the White Sox. He is 7-0 with an AL-leading 1.73 ERA through 10 starts this season.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)