May 30, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz has already missed one turn in the rotation due to soreness in the AC joint in his right shoulder, but there was some concern yesterday that he would need to be skipped again this weekend against the Yankees. Fortunately for the Red Sox, that will not be necessary.
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Buchholz felt no discomfort during while throwing a light bullpen session this afternoon. He’s now slated to make his return to the rotation Sunday night against Hiroki Kuroda.
Buchholz allowed one run in seven innings in his most recent start last Wednesday against the White Sox. He is 7-0 with an AL-leading 1.73 ERA through 10 starts this season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)