May 30, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz has already missed one turn in the rotation due to soreness in the AC joint in his right shoulder, but there was some concern yesterday that he would need to be skipped again this weekend against the Yankees. Fortunately for the Red Sox, that will not be necessary.
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Buchholz felt no discomfort during while throwing a light bullpen session this afternoon. He’s now slated to make his return to the rotation Sunday night against Hiroki Kuroda.
Buchholz allowed one run in seven innings in his most recent start last Wednesday against the White Sox. He is 7-0 with an AL-leading 1.73 ERA through 10 starts this season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 0
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 63
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)