May 30, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Bad news for the snakes: third baseman Eric Chavez left today’s game with an injury:
Well this isn’t good. Eric Chavez just took a swing and walked back to the dugout in pain. Cliff Pennington in the game to replace him.
— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) May 30, 2013
Chavez has been fantastic this year, hitting .325/.368/.588 with seven homers. But alas, injuries always seem to find him.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)