May 30, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Bad news for the snakes: third baseman Eric Chavez left today’s game with an injury:
Well this isn’t good. Eric Chavez just took a swing and walked back to the dugout in pain. Cliff Pennington in the game to replace him.
— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) May 30, 2013
Chavez has been fantastic this year, hitting .325/.368/.588 with seven homers. But alas, injuries always seem to find him.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)