Giancarlo Stanton’s rehab slowed down by sore knees

May 30, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT

Giancarlo Stanton has had to slow down his rehab:

Well, either sore knees or the dawning realization that, oh my god, if he gets better he’s going to have to resume playing for the Marlins.

1. historiophiliac - May 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I am currently in physical therapy because I don’t want to play for the Marlins either.

2. Old Gator - May 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM

The iron Giant has had knee issues on and off for the past two seasons. I don’t doubt not using them much while he rested the hamstring has contributed to their soreness. However, he has traveled and been with the team throughout his stint on the DL, so I’m pretty sure he hates sitting around while the games go on without him – even given who he’s playing for.

3. rockthered1286 - May 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I thought GCS makes feesh fans weak in the knees, not himself?

4. fearthehoody - May 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Dude is softer than Franklin Gutierrez! Now thats soft!!!

5. thebadguyswon - May 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM

They should have traded him last winter.

6. onbucky96 - May 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM

And the fact he still plays for the FLORIDA Marlins.

7. flamethrower101 - May 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM

It’s clear that a change of scenery would do Stanton a world of good. Hey, even the Astros could use him. If nothing else, at least they have a plan. Granted, it may take a long time to succeed, but at least they have a plan. I have no idea what Loria’s’ plan is for the Marlins, unless it’s to run this franchise into the ground, in which case he’s doing a great job.

8. gmagic9044 - May 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I have a purely hypothetical (more suited for Fantasy Baseball) situation/proposal here.

Braves trade OF Jason Heyward and minor league P JR Graham

Marlins trade OF Giancarlo Stanton

Which team balks first?

I fully understand that this trade would never be proposed, let alone accepted, but just curious to get some insight from Gator and other Marlins fans, as well as fellow Braves fans about this.

• yahmule - May 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM

9. weaselpuppy - May 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Tin Giant

10. jcmeyer10 - May 31, 2013 at 6:39 AM

My knees would be weak too from carrying a whole baseball team and the throne of Scrooge McLoria from city to city.

Yet another WS run for the Giants