May 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Jered Weaver landed on the disabled list for seven weeks after fracturing his left elbow. But he’s all better now and last night showed he was healthy with a win over the Dodgers. Well, to the extent that a win over the Dodgers shows us a lot.
In reality it was a mixed bag. The line was nice: six innings, five hit, one earned-run and seven strikeouts. Still, he was mostly sitting in the 80s with his fastball. Which is better than it was before he was DL’d, but is still off from where he is supposed to be when things are going right.
This could be merely a function of him not having is strength up to 100% yet. In the meantime, I think the Angels will take whatever Weaver can give them, thank you very much.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)