May 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Jered Weaver landed on the disabled list for seven weeks after fracturing his left elbow. But he’s all better now and last night showed he was healthy with a win over the Dodgers. Well, to the extent that a win over the Dodgers shows us a lot.
In reality it was a mixed bag. The line was nice: six innings, five hit, one earned-run and seven strikeouts. Still, he was mostly sitting in the 80s with his fastball. Which is better than it was before he was DL’d, but is still off from where he is supposed to be when things are going right.
This could be merely a function of him not having is strength up to 100% yet. In the meantime, I think the Angels will take whatever Weaver can give them, thank you very much.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)