May 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Jered Weaver landed on the disabled list for seven weeks after fracturing his left elbow. But he’s all better now and last night showed he was healthy with a win over the Dodgers. Well, to the extent that a win over the Dodgers shows us a lot.
In reality it was a mixed bag. The line was nice: six innings, five hit, one earned-run and seven strikeouts. Still, he was mostly sitting in the 80s with his fastball. Which is better than it was before he was DL’d, but is still off from where he is supposed to be when things are going right.
This could be merely a function of him not having is strength up to 100% yet. In the meantime, I think the Angels will take whatever Weaver can give them, thank you very much.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)