May 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Jered Weaver landed on the disabled list for seven weeks after fracturing his left elbow. But he’s all better now and last night showed he was healthy with a win over the Dodgers. Well, to the extent that a win over the Dodgers shows us a lot.
In reality it was a mixed bag. The line was nice: six innings, five hit, one earned-run and seven strikeouts. Still, he was mostly sitting in the 80s with his fastball. Which is better than it was before he was DL’d, but is still off from where he is supposed to be when things are going right.
This could be merely a function of him not having is strength up to 100% yet. In the meantime, I think the Angels will take whatever Weaver can give them, thank you very much.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)