May 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Jered Weaver landed on the disabled list for seven weeks after fracturing his left elbow. But he’s all better now and last night showed he was healthy with a win over the Dodgers. Well, to the extent that a win over the Dodgers shows us a lot.
In reality it was a mixed bag. The line was nice: six innings, five hit, one earned-run and seven strikeouts. Still, he was mostly sitting in the 80s with his fastball. Which is better than it was before he was DL’d, but is still off from where he is supposed to be when things are going right.
This could be merely a function of him not having is strength up to 100% yet. In the meantime, I think the Angels will take whatever Weaver can give them, thank you very much.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)