Jon Heyman made some friends on the Oakland A’s

May 30, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT

Given his preference for luxury items, it wasn’t terribly surprising when Jon Heyman tweeted this on Tuesday night:

source:

This bought him a series of unhappy tweets from various Oakland A’s players. And some words from Bob Melvin. Since Heyman blocks me I can’t look at his Twitter replies, but I assume the A’s fans were far less diplomatic than Jarrod Parker, Brett Anderson and their friends.

Anyway, can’t wait for his column about which other ballparks are too shameful to host home games.

1. vanquish0916 - May 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hey man’s an idiot, but you have to admit he’s got a point here. He should probably learn where the ampersand key is, though.

• Craig Calcaterra - May 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

But what’s the point? That AT&T Park is nicer? That’s not exactly new information for anyone.

In contrast, the notion that it’s shameful for a team to play home games at home is … less than a good point.

• vanquish0916 - May 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I just don’t think it’s all that controversial to say that the O.Co sucks, and AT&T is a nice park. So yes, I guess I saw that as the point of his tweet. Sure it isn’t new information, I’m just saying it’s true information.

I think this is the first time I’ve ever mentally or verbally defended anything Heyman has said. #shame

• skeleteeth - May 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Point? The series splits between both venues, as are pretty much all interleague series matchups this week.

2. dondada10 - May 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM

“@jonheymancbs: shame [they] have to play at the coliseum” I can see why you don’t like it. We have a strict No High Horse policy at O.Co…— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) May 29, 2013

Burn.

3. waiverclaim - May 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM

His backpedaling job was even worse, he replied to all the A’s players with “I thought you guys all wanted to leave there!”

Its a shame we live in a world where a national sportswriter uses his position of power to cowardly troll entire teams fanbases.

• unclemosesgreen - May 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Shaugnessy is a lot more of a regional sportswriter.

Wait, who were you talking about?

4. unclemosesgreen - May 30, 2013 at 9:13 AM

It was very petty of Scott Boras to block you from Jon Heyman’s twitter feed.

5. chacochicken - May 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Its kind of a shame we have to read Heyman’s stuff when we could be reading Buster Olney or Aaron Gleeman.

• gloccamorra - May 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Would you believe Heyman blocks them too?

6. APBA Guy - May 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Fellow UVa alum Sean Doolittle had the best response, but from the A’s perspective, the Mausoleum is still home. Besides, they do have Kona Longboard on draft, liquid Aloha, that plus winning A’s baseball is a combination I can happily support.

7. mybrunoblog - May 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Heyman gets points for his honesty. Obviously he (like many other media type and fans) prefer the Giants home ballpark. Heyman just sounds like a tool when he tweets about it.

8. egan6466 - May 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Jon Heyman is an idiot, who has no right covering baseball.

9. ltzep75 - May 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Bud Selig’s blue ribbon committee is looking into Heyman’s comment.

10. ccmf69 - May 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM

The Oakland park is actually easier to get to from the SF side of the bay, than AT&T is…Plus, that stadium didn’t look too bad when I saw the Stones, from 10th row center stage there:)

Don't count out the Yankees just yet
  1. R. Castillo (4750)