May 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Lohse is going up against the Twins, who’re one of his four former teams. And if he beats them he’ll have recorded at least one victory against all 30 big-league teams.
Jaffe notes that only 12 other pitchers in baseball history have defeated all 30 teams (although it’s worth noting that there have been 30 teams for a relatively short period of baseball history). Still, pretty cool. Check out Jaffe’s article for the full list that Lohse will be trying to join tonight.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)