May 30, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
Bad news for the Dodgers: Matt Kemp left during the seventh inning of last night’s Angels-Dodgers game with a mild hamstring strain. It was the right hamstring — last year he missed two months with a strain of the left — and after the game he said it didn’t feel as bad as last year’s injury. A bevy of bumps and bruises have limited Kemp’s effectiveness this year, leading to a disappointing .251/.305/.335 line thus far and now it looks like he’ll miss some time.
There aren’t a lot of apparent options for the Dodgers in center field right now. Carl Crawford hasn’t played there regularly in years. Yasiel Puig is intriguing, but it’s doubtful that the Dodgers would move him up two levels to play big league center field. Andre Ethier played a game in center last year. Guess we’ll hear what Don Mattingly will do sometime later today.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 4
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 20
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)