May 30, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
That’s one way to avoid a demotion: the Mets placed Ruben Tejada on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right quadriceps.
Tejada had a leadoff single and scored a run last night, but he’s still at .209/.267/.262 on the season. As we noted yesterday, he was in serious danger of being sent down to the minors. Now the Mets are rid of him for a couple of weeks without having to do that.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)