May 30, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
That’s one way to avoid a demotion: the Mets placed Ruben Tejada on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right quadriceps.
Tejada had a leadoff single and scored a run last night, but he’s still at .209/.267/.262 on the season. As we noted yesterday, he was in serious danger of being sent down to the minors. Now the Mets are rid of him for a couple of weeks without having to do that.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 0
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 41
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)