May 30, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Atlanta had to make a roster move today to make room for Alex Wood. And to do so they blew up their 3B platoon:
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) May 30, 2013
Chris Johnson will be the everyday third baseman now.
Francisco was hitting .241/.287/.398 with five homers in 35 games, but had fallen off pretty sharply in May. Johnson is hitting .346/.380/.492 with three homers, though obviously that’s not sustainable. A tough decision for the Braves to lose a lefty with some pop, but it’s probably the decision I’d make too if forced to choose between them.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)