May 30, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Atlanta had to make a roster move today to make room for Alex Wood. And to do so they blew up their 3B platoon:
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) May 30, 2013
Chris Johnson will be the everyday third baseman now.
Francisco was hitting .241/.287/.398 with five homers in 35 games, but had fallen off pretty sharply in May. Johnson is hitting .346/.380/.492 with three homers, though obviously that’s not sustainable. A tough decision for the Braves to lose a lefty with some pop, but it’s probably the decision I’d make too if forced to choose between them.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)