May 30, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
Trevor Plouffe was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list yesterday after passing various medical tests, but in warming up for last night’s game the Twins third baseman tweaked his calf.
He was scratched from the lineup and now he’s headed back to the DL, with the Twins recalling the recently demoted Chris Colabello to replace him on the roster.
Being activated from the DL and then being placed back on the DL without even appearing in a game is quite a feat for Plouffe and the separate injuries mean the stint can’t be backdated. In other words, he’ll miss at least 15 days.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)