May 30, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
Trevor Plouffe was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list yesterday after passing various medical tests, but in warming up for last night’s game the Twins third baseman tweaked his calf.
He was scratched from the lineup and now he’s headed back to the DL, with the Twins recalling the recently demoted Chris Colabello to replace him on the roster.
Being activated from the DL and then being placed back on the DL without even appearing in a game is quite a feat for Plouffe and the separate injuries mean the stint can’t be backdated. In other words, he’ll miss at least 15 days.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)