May 30, 2013, 5:33 PM EST
Trevor Plouffe was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list yesterday after passing various medical tests, but in warming up for last night’s game the Twins third baseman tweaked his calf.
He was scratched from the lineup and now he’s headed back to the DL, with the Twins recalling the recently demoted Chris Colabello to replace him on the roster.
Being activated from the DL and then being placed back on the DL without even appearing in a game is quite a feat for Plouffe and the separate injuries mean the stint can’t be backdated. In other words, he’ll miss at least 15 days.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)