May 30, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
Trevor Plouffe was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list yesterday after passing various medical tests, but in warming up for last night’s game the Twins third baseman tweaked his calf.
He was scratched from the lineup and now he’s headed back to the DL, with the Twins recalling the recently demoted Chris Colabello to replace him on the roster.
Being activated from the DL and then being placed back on the DL without even appearing in a game is quite a feat for Plouffe and the separate injuries mean the stint can’t be backdated. In other words, he’ll miss at least 15 days.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)