May 30, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
Trevor Plouffe was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list yesterday after passing various medical tests, but in warming up for last night’s game the Twins third baseman tweaked his calf.
He was scratched from the lineup and now he’s headed back to the DL, with the Twins recalling the recently demoted Chris Colabello to replace him on the roster.
Being activated from the DL and then being placed back on the DL without even appearing in a game is quite a feat for Plouffe and the separate injuries mean the stint can’t be backdated. In other words, he’ll miss at least 15 days.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)