May 31, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
Athletics outfielder Josh Reddick has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is in the lineup for tonight’s game against the White Sox. He had been sidelined since May 6 with a sprained right wrist after a very cold first month of the season in which he hit just .139.
The A’s have caught fire as of late, winning 11 of their last 13 games, utilizing Seth Smith, Brandon Moss, and Chris Young in right field at various times. While lefties Smith and Moss found success, the right-handed Young struggled, posting a paltry .543 OPS in the month of May.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)