May 31, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Athletics outfielder Josh Reddick has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is in the lineup for tonight’s game against the White Sox. He had been sidelined since May 6 with a sprained right wrist after a very cold first month of the season in which he hit just .139.
The A’s have caught fire as of late, winning 11 of their last 13 games, utilizing Seth Smith, Brandon Moss, and Chris Young in right field at various times. While lefties Smith and Moss found success, the right-handed Young struggled, posting a paltry .543 OPS in the month of May.
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 2
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 21
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 60
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 84
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)