May 31, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Athletics outfielder Josh Reddick has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is in the lineup for tonight’s game against the White Sox. He had been sidelined since May 6 with a sprained right wrist after a very cold first month of the season in which he hit just .139.
The A’s have caught fire as of late, winning 11 of their last 13 games, utilizing Seth Smith, Brandon Moss, and Chris Young in right field at various times. While lefties Smith and Moss found success, the right-handed Young struggled, posting a paltry .543 OPS in the month of May.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39