May 31, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Blue Jays starter Josh Johnson will return from the disabled list on Tuesday, per Scott Miller of CBS Sports. Johnson was sidelined with a triceps injury after his April 21 start against the Yankees, but felt good after his latest rehab start.
The Jays acquired Johnson in the mega-trade with the Marlins during the off-season. Johnson was joined by Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, John Buck, and Emilio Bonifacio. The Jays could use a boost in the rotation as J.A. Happ, with a 4.91 ERA, has been their best starter.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)