May 31, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper continues to battle bursitis in his left knee and is unlikely to play in this weekend’s series against the Braves, per Mark Zuckerman. Zuckerman suggests that a stint on the disabled list is becoming a possibility. Harper hasn’t played since Sunday, when he went 1-for-3 in the series finale against the Phillies.
Harper is enjoying tremendous success in his sophomore season, as the defending NL Rookie of the Year is sitting on a .973 OPS with a team-best 12 home runs and 25 walks. In Harper’s absence, Roger Bernadina and Tyler Moore should see increased playing time.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)