May 31, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper continues to battle bursitis in his left knee and is unlikely to play in this weekend’s series against the Braves, per Mark Zuckerman. Zuckerman suggests that a stint on the disabled list is becoming a possibility. Harper hasn’t played since Sunday, when he went 1-for-3 in the series finale against the Phillies.
Harper is enjoying tremendous success in his sophomore season, as the defending NL Rookie of the Year is sitting on a .973 OPS with a team-best 12 home runs and 25 walks. In Harper’s absence, Roger Bernadina and Tyler Moore should see increased playing time.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (294)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)