May 31, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper continues to battle bursitis in his left knee and is unlikely to play in this weekend’s series against the Braves, per Mark Zuckerman. Zuckerman suggests that a stint on the disabled list is becoming a possibility. Harper hasn’t played since Sunday, when he went 1-for-3 in the series finale against the Phillies.
Harper is enjoying tremendous success in his sophomore season, as the defending NL Rookie of the Year is sitting on a .973 OPS with a team-best 12 home runs and 25 walks. In Harper’s absence, Roger Bernadina and Tyler Moore should see increased playing time.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)