May 31, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper continues to battle bursitis in his left knee and is unlikely to play in this weekend’s series against the Braves, per Mark Zuckerman. Zuckerman suggests that a stint on the disabled list is becoming a possibility. Harper hasn’t played since Sunday, when he went 1-for-3 in the series finale against the Phillies.
Harper is enjoying tremendous success in his sophomore season, as the defending NL Rookie of the Year is sitting on a .973 OPS with a team-best 12 home runs and 25 walks. In Harper’s absence, Roger Bernadina and Tyler Moore should see increased playing time.
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 2
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)