May 31, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Eric Chavez walked off the field in the middle of an at-bat yesterday, so not surprisingly the Diamondbacks have placed the third baseman on the disabled list with a strained oblique.
To take his spot on the roster Arizona activated Willie Bloomquist, who’s been on the DL since the end of spring training with an oblique strain of his own. Bloomquist ended up missing two months with an injury that was expected to last 2-4 weeks, so putting a timetable on Chavez’s return probably doesn’t make much sense yet.
Chavez was extremely productive for the Diamondbacks, hitting .325 with seven homers and a career-high .956 OPS in 38 games while taking over as the primary third baseman at age 35.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)