May 31, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Eric Chavez walked off the field in the middle of an at-bat yesterday, so not surprisingly the Diamondbacks have placed the third baseman on the disabled list with a strained oblique.
To take his spot on the roster Arizona activated Willie Bloomquist, who’s been on the DL since the end of spring training with an oblique strain of his own. Bloomquist ended up missing two months with an injury that was expected to last 2-4 weeks, so putting a timetable on Chavez’s return probably doesn’t make much sense yet.
Chavez was extremely productive for the Diamondbacks, hitting .325 with seven homers and a career-high .956 OPS in 38 games while taking over as the primary third baseman at age 35.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)