May 31, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
You can say that, right? That’s the relatively modern injury-naming convention? “out with a knee,” “day-to-day with a shoulder?” Maybe “scratched” and “groin” too close together is a problem. Oh well, too late to change it now!
Groin tightness for Ellsbury. Felt it on his fifth steal last night. Day to day.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) May 31, 2013
Gotta blame Erik Kratz here, don’t you? If the Phillies’ backup catcher had a better arm Ellsbury may have only attempted three or four steals last night. That fifth one, however, was a bridge too far.
God, Boston probably really hates you, Erik Kratz.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47