May 31, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
You can say that, right? That’s the relatively modern injury-naming convention? “out with a knee,” “day-to-day with a shoulder?” Maybe “scratched” and “groin” too close together is a problem. Oh well, too late to change it now!
Groin tightness for Ellsbury. Felt it on his fifth steal last night. Day to day.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) May 31, 2013
Gotta blame Erik Kratz here, don’t you? If the Phillies’ backup catcher had a better arm Ellsbury may have only attempted three or four steals last night. That fifth one, however, was a bridge too far.
God, Boston probably really hates you, Erik Kratz.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)