May 31, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
You can say that, right? That’s the relatively modern injury-naming convention? “out with a knee,” “day-to-day with a shoulder?” Maybe “scratched” and “groin” too close together is a problem. Oh well, too late to change it now!
Groin tightness for Ellsbury. Felt it on his fifth steal last night. Day to day.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) May 31, 2013
Gotta blame Erik Kratz here, don’t you? If the Phillies’ backup catcher had a better arm Ellsbury may have only attempted three or four steals last night. That fifth one, however, was a bridge too far.
God, Boston probably really hates you, Erik Kratz.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)