May 31, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
You can say that, right? That’s the relatively modern injury-naming convention? “out with a knee,” “day-to-day with a shoulder?” Maybe “scratched” and “groin” too close together is a problem. Oh well, too late to change it now!
Groin tightness for Ellsbury. Felt it on his fifth steal last night. Day to day.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) May 31, 2013
Gotta blame Erik Kratz here, don’t you? If the Phillies’ backup catcher had a better arm Ellsbury may have only attempted three or four steals last night. That fifth one, however, was a bridge too far.
God, Boston probably really hates you, Erik Kratz.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15