May 31, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
You can say that, right? That’s the relatively modern injury-naming convention? “out with a knee,” “day-to-day with a shoulder?” Maybe “scratched” and “groin” too close together is a problem. Oh well, too late to change it now!
Groin tightness for Ellsbury. Felt it on his fifth steal last night. Day to day.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) May 31, 2013
Gotta blame Erik Kratz here, don’t you? If the Phillies’ backup catcher had a better arm Ellsbury may have only attempted three or four steals last night. That fifth one, however, was a bridge too far.
God, Boston probably really hates you, Erik Kratz.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)