May 31, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Teixeira, of course, has been out since early in spring training, when he tore the tendon sheath in his right wrist while taking batting practice in preparation for the World Baseball Classic. Youkilis has been on the 15-day disabled list since April 28 with a lumbar spine strain.
Teixeira has been though by some to have his years of stardom all in the rear view mirror. Youk was hitting .266/.347/.422 in 72 plate appearances before he went down, which was not the Youk of old. But given what Joe Girardi has had to work with in recent weeks, both in the lineup have to be considered genuine sights for sore eyes.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)