May 31, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Teixeira, of course, has been out since early in spring training, when he tore the tendon sheath in his right wrist while taking batting practice in preparation for the World Baseball Classic. Youkilis has been on the 15-day disabled list since April 28 with a lumbar spine strain.
Teixeira has been though by some to have his years of stardom all in the rear view mirror. Youk was hitting .266/.347/.422 in 72 plate appearances before he went down, which was not the Youk of old. But given what Joe Girardi has had to work with in recent weeks, both in the lineup have to be considered genuine sights for sore eyes.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)