May 31, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Roy Oswalt struggled in his first Double-A start last week, but bounced back nicely with six innings of one-run ball in his second outing.
Oswalt, who signed a minor-league deal with the Rockies four weeks ago, struck out six and walked one while allowing three hits. He threw 63 of his 90 pitches for strikes, so Oswalt is already pretty close to fully stretched out.
However, the Rockies have indicated that they’ll take it slow with Oswalt and the 35-year-old will likely be asked to make at least a couple more starts in the minors before a potential call-up.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)