May 31, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Roy Oswalt struggled in his first Double-A start last week, but bounced back nicely with six innings of one-run ball in his second outing.
Oswalt, who signed a minor-league deal with the Rockies four weeks ago, struck out six and walked one while allowing three hits. He threw 63 of his 90 pitches for strikes, so Oswalt is already pretty close to fully stretched out.
However, the Rockies have indicated that they’ll take it slow with Oswalt and the 35-year-old will likely be asked to make at least a couple more starts in the minors before a potential call-up.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)