May 31, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
Ryan Lawrence of the Philadelphia Daily News has a profile of Domonic Brown who broke the heck out in the month of May. His performance so far this year has validated his former status as a top prospect. But it was a coming out that many thought would happen a couple of years ago.
For what I think is the first time, Phillies GM Ruben Amaro acknowledged that maybe the organization’s decisions — and not just his failure to figure things out — had something to do with Brown’s arrested development:
In the midst of Brown’s home run barrage this week, general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. acknowledged Brown’s initial call-up and subsequent benching “maybe [was to] the detriment of his development.”
It’s hard to give a kid a shot on a team that is supposed to be contending, and Brown’s injuries always seemed to come at the worst possible time. But yeah, I think maybe Amaro is right here and it’s good to see he acknowledges that mistakes were made.
Now, someone ask him about the Ryan Howard contract …
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)