May 31, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
The Phillies have announced that they have released reliever Chad Durbin. Then Pouliot goes and tweets quasi-threatening things like this:
Chad Durbin released by Phils… wonder if he’ll rejoin Braves on minor league deal. 3.10 ERA in 61 P for Atlanta last year.
— Matthew Pouliot (@matthewpouliot) May 31, 2013
That was last year. This year he’s got a 9.00 ERA and a WHIP of 2.125 in 16 innings.
But I’d by lying if I said that I thought Atlanta would totally ignore him. If you played well for the Braves once they’ll always give you another shot.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)