The Phillies release Chad Durbin, Pouliot deliberately tries to upset me

May 31, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT

The Phillies have announced that they have released reliever Chad Durbin. Then Pouliot goes and tweets quasi-threatening things like this:

That was last year. This year he’s got a 9.00 ERA and a WHIP of 2.125 in 16 innings.

But I’d by lying if I said that I thought Atlanta would totally ignore him. If you played well for the Braves once they’ll always give you another shot.

1. xmatt0926x - May 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

He looks cooked. I can’t imagine the Braves could be that desperate. It’s not like he’s had one awful inning that blew his ERA up. He’s getting jacked up on a consistent basis. I thought last night he just looked dejected on the mound and was just heaving it up there knowing he was at the end of his rope.

2. hisgirlgotburrelled - May 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Add in the inherited runners and, 16 IP with 26 runners crossing the plate one way or another while he was on the mound.

3. stlouis1baseball - May 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Ahhh…don’t sweat it C.C. The ”dipwad” is merely trolling you.

4. delsj - May 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Phillies will still be on the hook for $1.1 million ($850,000 + $250,000 2014 buyout) due to Durbin being cut outright. I guess that’s two mistakes Ruben has admitted to today. Only a dozen or two more to go!

5. commonsenseisnotcmonman - May 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

man this move was waaay overdue. Next up, Horst?

• heyblueyoustink - May 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM

If I had it my way, Michael Martinez.

• deepstblu - May 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Two hits for C. Hernandez last night. Perhaps he will stay and Martinez will go.

6. number42is1 - May 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

” If you played well for the Braves chances are the Yanks will sign you”

FTFY

7. illad3lph1a - May 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I sure hope he goes to atl.. Means the phills would get to knock him around

• chadjones27 - May 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Whoever the Phils cut (or trade) usually destroy the Phillies from other teams.

8. sgtr0c - May 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Using this type of logic, Chad is also only one team-release away from re-signing with the Phils again.

9. scotttheskeptic - May 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Amaro must sense danger. He on to Qualls until July last year.

All the trade deadline news to know