May 31, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
The Phillies have announced that they have released reliever Chad Durbin. Then Pouliot goes and tweets quasi-threatening things like this:
Chad Durbin released by Phils… wonder if he’ll rejoin Braves on minor league deal. 3.10 ERA in 61 P for Atlanta last year.
— Matthew Pouliot (@matthewpouliot) May 31, 2013
That was last year. This year he’s got a 9.00 ERA and a WHIP of 2.125 in 16 innings.
But I’d by lying if I said that I thought Atlanta would totally ignore him. If you played well for the Braves once they’ll always give you another shot.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)