May 31, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
The Phillies have announced that they have released reliever Chad Durbin. Then Pouliot goes and tweets quasi-threatening things like this:
Chad Durbin released by Phils… wonder if he’ll rejoin Braves on minor league deal. 3.10 ERA in 61 P for Atlanta last year.
— Matthew Pouliot (@matthewpouliot) May 31, 2013
That was last year. This year he’s got a 9.00 ERA and a WHIP of 2.125 in 16 innings.
But I’d by lying if I said that I thought Atlanta would totally ignore him. If you played well for the Braves once they’ll always give you another shot.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)