May 31, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
The Phillies have announced that they have released reliever Chad Durbin. Then Pouliot goes and tweets quasi-threatening things like this:
Chad Durbin released by Phils… wonder if he’ll rejoin Braves on minor league deal. 3.10 ERA in 61 P for Atlanta last year.
— Matthew Pouliot (@matthewpouliot) May 31, 2013
That was last year. This year he’s got a 9.00 ERA and a WHIP of 2.125 in 16 innings.
But I’d by lying if I said that I thought Atlanta would totally ignore him. If you played well for the Braves once they’ll always give you another shot.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)