May 31, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
But … but … those players from the 60s and 70s all told me that amphetamines don’t enhance performance!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that two Minor League players have been suspended following their violations of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Ryan Acosta and free agent Minor League second baseman Chris Retherford have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspensions of Acosta and Retherford will be effective immediately upon each one’s signing with another Major League organization.
Both Acosta and Retherford had been with the Dodgers the past couple of years, including some time in A-ball this season for Acosta, but I guess they’ve been released.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)