May 31, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
But … but … those players from the 60s and 70s all told me that amphetamines don’t enhance performance!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that two Minor League players have been suspended following their violations of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Ryan Acosta and free agent Minor League second baseman Chris Retherford have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspensions of Acosta and Retherford will be effective immediately upon each one’s signing with another Major League organization.
Both Acosta and Retherford had been with the Dodgers the past couple of years, including some time in A-ball this season for Acosta, but I guess they’ve been released.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)