May 31, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
But … but … those players from the 60s and 70s all told me that amphetamines don’t enhance performance!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that two Minor League players have been suspended following their violations of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Ryan Acosta and free agent Minor League second baseman Chris Retherford have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspensions of Acosta and Retherford will be effective immediately upon each one’s signing with another Major League organization.
Both Acosta and Retherford had been with the Dodgers the past couple of years, including some time in A-ball this season for Acosta, but I guess they’ve been released.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 0
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)