May 31, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Gotta go see this over at Deadspin. AT&T is going to do a commercial saluting Mariano Rivera, and Deadspin got hold of the casting call. They’re looking for “ONLY REAL YANKEE fans,” you see, and the thing details exactly what that means.
Among them “street musicians – all sorts of music and peeps, but really cool- from rockers to string bands, to violins, to accordion players, to something really unique” and “Great old guy Chess player types. Think Seymour Cassell meets Scatman Crothers.” After the entire list is read basically every demographic is covered, at least in a quasi-entertainment stereotype way.
No word on whether “sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, and dweebies” need apply.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)