May 31, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Gotta go see this over at Deadspin. AT&T is going to do a commercial saluting Mariano Rivera, and Deadspin got hold of the casting call. They’re looking for “ONLY REAL YANKEE fans,” you see, and the thing details exactly what that means.
Among them “street musicians – all sorts of music and peeps, but really cool- from rockers to string bands, to violins, to accordion players, to something really unique” and “Great old guy Chess player types. Think Seymour Cassell meets Scatman Crothers.” After the entire list is read basically every demographic is covered, at least in a quasi-entertainment stereotype way.
No word on whether “sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, and dweebies” need apply.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)