May 31, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Gotta go see this over at Deadspin. AT&T is going to do a commercial saluting Mariano Rivera, and Deadspin got hold of the casting call. They’re looking for “ONLY REAL YANKEE fans,” you see, and the thing details exactly what that means.
Among them “street musicians – all sorts of music and peeps, but really cool- from rockers to string bands, to violins, to accordion players, to something really unique” and “Great old guy Chess player types. Think Seymour Cassell meets Scatman Crothers.” After the entire list is read basically every demographic is covered, at least in a quasi-entertainment stereotype way.
No word on whether “sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, and dweebies” need apply.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)