May 31, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Gotta go see this over at Deadspin. AT&T is going to do a commercial saluting Mariano Rivera, and Deadspin got hold of the casting call. They’re looking for “ONLY REAL YANKEE fans,” you see, and the thing details exactly what that means.
Among them “street musicians – all sorts of music and peeps, but really cool- from rockers to string bands, to violins, to accordion players, to something really unique” and “Great old guy Chess player types. Think Seymour Cassell meets Scatman Crothers.” After the entire list is read basically every demographic is covered, at least in a quasi-entertainment stereotype way.
No word on whether “sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, and dweebies” need apply.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)