May 31, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Gotta go see this over at Deadspin. AT&T is going to do a commercial saluting Mariano Rivera, and Deadspin got hold of the casting call. They’re looking for “ONLY REAL YANKEE fans,” you see, and the thing details exactly what that means.
Among them “street musicians – all sorts of music and peeps, but really cool- from rockers to string bands, to violins, to accordion players, to something really unique” and “Great old guy Chess player types. Think Seymour Cassell meets Scatman Crothers.” After the entire list is read basically every demographic is covered, at least in a quasi-entertainment stereotype way.
No word on whether “sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, and dweebies” need apply.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)