Jun 1, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Crawford left today’s game against the Rockies after legging out a double in the third inning. Nothing official yet from the team, but Crawford was clutching at the back of his left leg, so it’s fair to say that he’s dealing with a hamstring issue.
The Dodgers have used Skip Schumaker and Andre Ethier in center field during Kemp’s absence, but some reinforcements for the outfield could be added in the coming days. Yasiel Puig, Alex Castellanos, and Joc Pederson are among the possibilities. For what it’s worth, Puig has played center field in each of the past two days with Double-A Chattanooga, which is an indication that the Dodgers are evaluating him for a call-up to the majors.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)