Jun 1, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Crawford left today’s game against the Rockies after legging out a double in the third inning. Nothing official yet from the team, but Crawford was clutching at the back of his left leg, so it’s fair to say that he’s dealing with a hamstring issue.
The Dodgers have used Skip Schumaker and Andre Ethier in center field during Kemp’s absence, but some reinforcements for the outfield could be added in the coming days. Yasiel Puig, Alex Castellanos, and Joc Pederson are among the possibilities. For what it’s worth, Puig has played center field in each of the past two days with Double-A Chattanooga, which is an indication that the Dodgers are evaluating him for a call-up to the majors.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 4
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 49
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 85
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (86)