Jun 1, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Crawford left today’s game against the Rockies after legging out a double in the third inning. Nothing official yet from the team, but Crawford was clutching at the back of his left leg, so it’s fair to say that he’s dealing with a hamstring issue.
The Dodgers have used Skip Schumaker and Andre Ethier in center field during Kemp’s absence, but some reinforcements for the outfield could be added in the coming days. Yasiel Puig, Alex Castellanos, and Joc Pederson are among the possibilities. For what it’s worth, Puig has played center field in each of the past two days with Double-A Chattanooga, which is an indication that the Dodgers are evaluating him for a call-up to the majors.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)