Jun 1, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Crawford left today’s game against the Rockies after legging out a double in the third inning. Nothing official yet from the team, but Crawford was clutching at the back of his left leg, so it’s fair to say that he’s dealing with a hamstring issue.
The Dodgers have used Skip Schumaker and Andre Ethier in center field during Kemp’s absence, but some reinforcements for the outfield could be added in the coming days. Yasiel Puig, Alex Castellanos, and Joc Pederson are among the possibilities. For what it’s worth, Puig has played center field in each of the past two days with Double-A Chattanooga, which is an indication that the Dodgers are evaluating him for a call-up to the majors.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)