Jun 1, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Third baseman Juan Francisco, designated for assignment by the Braves on Thursday, has drawn interest from five different teams, reports David O’Brien. The Braves have about a week to trade him before putting him through waivers, after which they would either release him or send him to Triple-A Gwinnett.
Francisco had hit five homers and carried a disappointing .287 on-base percentage in 115 plate appearances. Chris Johnson, currently hitting .336, will assume the everyday role at third base after having been platooned with Francisco.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)