Jun 1, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Third baseman Juan Francisco, designated for assignment by the Braves on Thursday, has drawn interest from five different teams, reports David O’Brien. The Braves have about a week to trade him before putting him through waivers, after which they would either release him or send him to Triple-A Gwinnett.
Francisco had hit five homers and carried a disappointing .287 on-base percentage in 115 plate appearances. Chris Johnson, currently hitting .336, will assume the everyday role at third base after having been platooned with Francisco.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)