Jun 1, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Tigers’ slugger Miguel Cabrera wrapped up his fantastic May by going 2-for-4 with a two-run homer and a walk last night against the Orioles. He ended up batting .379/.450/.698 with 12 home runs and 33 RBI in 28 games during the month. By contrast, the Royals hit just 14 home runs as a team for the entire month.
Coming off his Triple Crown season, Cabrera will enter June with a .372 batting average to go along with 16 home runs and 61 RBI through 53 games. Not only is that a ridiculous pace, it’s also historic.
Wow. Just to put things in perspective, Cabrera was hitting .323 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI through his first 53 games last season. Those are some pretty fantastic numbers, but he’s on another level so far this year.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)