Jun 1, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Tigers’ slugger Miguel Cabrera wrapped up his fantastic May by going 2-for-4 with a two-run homer and a walk last night against the Orioles. He ended up batting .379/.450/.698 with 12 home runs and 33 RBI in 28 games during the month. By contrast, the Royals hit just 14 home runs as a team for the entire month.
Coming off his Triple Crown season, Cabrera will enter June with a .372 batting average to go along with 16 home runs and 61 RBI through 53 games. Not only is that a ridiculous pace, it’s also historic.
Wow. Just to put things in perspective, Cabrera was hitting .323 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI through his first 53 games last season. Those are some pretty fantastic numbers, but he’s on another level so far this year.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 103
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 152
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (164)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (152)