Jun 1, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Tigers’ slugger Miguel Cabrera wrapped up his fantastic May by going 2-for-4 with a two-run homer and a walk last night against the Orioles. He ended up batting .379/.450/.698 with 12 home runs and 33 RBI in 28 games during the month. By contrast, the Royals hit just 14 home runs as a team for the entire month.
Coming off his Triple Crown season, Cabrera will enter June with a .372 batting average to go along with 16 home runs and 61 RBI through 53 games. Not only is that a ridiculous pace, it’s also historic.
Wow. Just to put things in perspective, Cabrera was hitting .323 with 11 home runs and 44 RBI through his first 53 games last season. Those are some pretty fantastic numbers, but he’s on another level so far this year.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 0
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)