Jun 1, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
Rauch, 34, was released by the Marlins last month after he posted a 7.56 ERA and 15/7 K/BB ratio in 16 2/3 innings. However, given his lengthy track record of success, he was a good bet to land somewhere quickly. The 6-foot-11 right-hander had a 3.75 ERA from 2010-2012 between the Diamondbacks, Twins, Blue Jays, and Mets.
Orioles’ relievers were fifth in the majors last season with a 3.00 ERA, but they have a 3.79 ERA through 55 games this year. Rauch provides some quality bullpen depth in Triple-A and figures to get a chance with the big club before long.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (128)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)