Jun 1, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
Rauch, 34, was released by the Marlins last month after he posted a 7.56 ERA and 15/7 K/BB ratio in 16 2/3 innings. However, given his lengthy track record of success, he was a good bet to land somewhere quickly. The 6-foot-11 right-hander had a 3.75 ERA from 2010-2012 between the Diamondbacks, Twins, Blue Jays, and Mets.
Orioles’ relievers were fifth in the majors last season with a 3.00 ERA, but they have a 3.79 ERA through 55 games this year. Rauch provides some quality bullpen depth in Triple-A and figures to get a chance with the big club before long.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 25
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 16
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (255)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)