Jun 1, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Rauch, 34, was released by the Marlins last month after he posted a 7.56 ERA and 15/7 K/BB ratio in 16 2/3 innings. However, given his lengthy track record of success, he was a good bet to land somewhere quickly. The 6-foot-11 right-hander had a 3.75 ERA from 2010-2012 between the Diamondbacks, Twins, Blue Jays, and Mets.
Orioles’ relievers were fifth in the majors last season with a 3.00 ERA, but they have a 3.79 ERA through 55 games this year. Rauch provides some quality bullpen depth in Triple-A and figures to get a chance with the big club before long.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 7
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 15
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)