Jun 1, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Sandoval will sit out this weekend’s series against the Cardinals at the very least and isn’t an option off the bench. Giants manager Bruce Bochy hasn’t ruled out the possibility that he could land on the disabled list if his condition doesn’t improve over the next few days. Joaquin Arias and Nick Noonan should see time at third base during his absence.
Sandoval, 26, is batting .288/.328/.434 with eight home runs and 37 RBI in 53 games this season. He hasn’t played more than 117 games in a season since 2010.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)