Jun 1, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Sandoval will sit out this weekend’s series against the Cardinals at the very least and isn’t an option off the bench. Giants manager Bruce Bochy hasn’t ruled out the possibility that he could land on the disabled list if his condition doesn’t improve over the next few days. Joaquin Arias and Nick Noonan should see time at third base during his absence.
Sandoval, 26, is batting .288/.328/.434 with eight home runs and 37 RBI in 53 games this season. He hasn’t played more than 117 games in a season since 2010.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 0
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 13
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)