Jun 1, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Sandoval will sit out this weekend’s series against the Cardinals at the very least and isn’t an option off the bench. Giants manager Bruce Bochy hasn’t ruled out the possibility that he could land on the disabled list if his condition doesn’t improve over the next few days. Joaquin Arias and Nick Noonan should see time at third base during his absence.
Sandoval, 26, is batting .288/.328/.434 with eight home runs and 37 RBI in 53 games this season. He hasn’t played more than 117 games in a season since 2010.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (126)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)