Jun 1, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Padres closer Huston Street has been placed on the 15-day disabled list, reports MLB.com’s Corey Brock. Street, with a 4.43 ERA on the season, is dealing with a left calf injury and has pitched just once, on Saturday, since May 21. It is the same calf Street injured last year, which forced the right-hander to miss most of August and September. Brock notes the injury is less severe than last year, however.
Manger Bud Black intends to rely on Luke Gregerson to nail down saves in the meantime. Gregerson is carrying a 0.76 ERA in 20.1 innings. To fill Street’s vacant roster spot, the Padres have promoted lefty Tom Layne from Triple-A Tucson.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)