Jun 1, 2013, 11:57 AM EST
Phillies prospect left-hander Adam Morgan has been discussed as a potential option for the major league rotation at some point this season, but any such plans have been put on hold.
Morgan, who left a start with Triple-A Lehigh Valley two weeks ago with a shoulder issue, was diagnosed with a small tear in his rotator cuff. According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com, the young left-hander will opt for rehab over surgery, as he will either get a platelet rich plasma injection or a cortisone injection in the next week. He’ll be shut down for a couple of weeks at the very least.
Selected in the third round of the 2011 First-Year Player Draft, Morgan owns a 3.33 ERA over his first 254 innings as a pro. The 23-year-old has a 4.97 ERA and 29/12 K/BB ratio in 41 2/3 innings over eight starts this season in Triple-A.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)