Jun 1, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Phillies prospect left-hander Adam Morgan has been discussed as a potential option for the major league rotation at some point this season, but any such plans have been put on hold.
Morgan, who left a start with Triple-A Lehigh Valley two weeks ago with a shoulder issue, was diagnosed with a small tear in his rotator cuff. According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com, the young left-hander will opt for rehab over surgery, as he will either get a platelet rich plasma injection or a cortisone injection in the next week. He’ll be shut down for a couple of weeks at the very least.
Selected in the third round of the 2011 First-Year Player Draft, Morgan owns a 3.33 ERA over his first 254 innings as a pro. The 23-year-old has a 4.97 ERA and 29/12 K/BB ratio in 41 2/3 innings over eight starts this season in Triple-A.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)