Jun 1, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg left last night’s start after only two innings with a strained lower back, but the Nationals are going to play the waiting game before putting him on the 15-day disabled list, according to Amanda Comak of the Washington Times. The Nats could skip and further delay his next scheduled start, using Craig Stammen — who tossed four shut-out innings in relief of Strasburg last night — in the interim.
Strasburg joins a lengthy list of injured Nationals, including star outfielder Bryce Harper who was put on the DL today, retroactive to May 27. The Nationals have been hovering around .500 for the better part of the last two weeks, tenuously holding onto a spot in second place in the NL East, currently 4.5 games behind the first place Braves and two games ahead of the third-place Phillies.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)