Jun 2, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
The Nationals dropped this afternoon’s affair with the Braves 6-3, falling below .500 at 28-29 in what has been a disappointing season. A popular pre-season World Series pick, the Nationals have dealt with injuries to key players and poor performance from others.
“We deserve to be where we’re at right now,” first baseman Adam LaRoche said. “We’ve played like crap.”
Zuckerman also points out the tough road ahead:
In order to get to 90 wins by season’s end, they’ll need to go 62-43 (a .590 winning percentage). In order to get to 95 wins, they’ll need to 67-38 (a hefty .638 clip).
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)