Jun 2, 2013, 12:56 PM EST
“I think after I hit the wall [at Turner Field], I think I should have went on the DL, just try to get better and came back 15 days later … With a lot of guys out, I wanted to stay in the lineup the way I was swinging it. Of course, I want to play every day. It’s something that, maybe I’ll learn more in my career to take off 15 days instead of lose the month or whatever it is.”
Thing is, though, that is not a decision a 20 year-old kid should be making. It’s a job his manager and general manager and team trainers should be making. Harper is the face and future of the franchise and if he’s banged the hell up like he has been for a month, he should not be out there every day.
Meanwhile, Danny Espinosa has continued to play through a fractured wrist too. Hmm … pattern?
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 39
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (115)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)