Jun 2, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
“I think after I hit the wall [at Turner Field], I think I should have went on the DL, just try to get better and came back 15 days later … With a lot of guys out, I wanted to stay in the lineup the way I was swinging it. Of course, I want to play every day. It’s something that, maybe I’ll learn more in my career to take off 15 days instead of lose the month or whatever it is.”
Thing is, though, that is not a decision a 20 year-old kid should be making. It’s a job his manager and general manager and team trainers should be making. Harper is the face and future of the franchise and if he’s banged the hell up like he has been for a month, he should not be out there every day.
Meanwhile, Danny Espinosa has continued to play through a fractured wrist too. Hmm … pattern?
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)