Jun 2, 2013, 12:56 PM EST
“I think after I hit the wall [at Turner Field], I think I should have went on the DL, just try to get better and came back 15 days later … With a lot of guys out, I wanted to stay in the lineup the way I was swinging it. Of course, I want to play every day. It’s something that, maybe I’ll learn more in my career to take off 15 days instead of lose the month or whatever it is.”
Thing is, though, that is not a decision a 20 year-old kid should be making. It’s a job his manager and general manager and team trainers should be making. Harper is the face and future of the franchise and if he’s banged the hell up like he has been for a month, he should not be out there every day.
Meanwhile, Danny Espinosa has continued to play through a fractured wrist too. Hmm … pattern?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)