Jun 2, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
Dodgers starter Chris Capuano will likely be scratched from tomorrow’s start against the Padres due to a strained left triceps. Stephen Fife is expected to make a spot start, reports MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick. Capuano lowered his ERA to 5.45 in his latest start against the Angels, but struggled with control as he walked four in five and two-thirds innings.
In 13.2 innings with Triple-A Albuquerque, Fife has a 4.61 ERA. He made a start for the Dodgers on April 21 against the Orioles, allowing four runs in 4.2 innings. His spot start tomorrow will be the second in a row the Dodgers have needed, as Matt Magill filled in for Hyun-Jin Ryu in this afternoon’s loss.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)