Jun 2, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Chris Capuano will likely be scratched from tomorrow’s start against the Padres due to a strained left triceps. Stephen Fife is expected to make a spot start, reports MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick. Capuano lowered his ERA to 5.45 in his latest start against the Angels, but struggled with control as he walked four in five and two-thirds innings.
In 13.2 innings with Triple-A Albuquerque, Fife has a 4.61 ERA. He made a start for the Dodgers on April 21 against the Orioles, allowing four runs in 4.2 innings. His spot start tomorrow will be the second in a row the Dodgers have needed, as Matt Magill filled in for Hyun-Jin Ryu in this afternoon’s loss.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)