Jun 2, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Chris Capuano will likely be scratched from tomorrow’s start against the Padres due to a strained left triceps. Stephen Fife is expected to make a spot start, reports MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick. Capuano lowered his ERA to 5.45 in his latest start against the Angels, but struggled with control as he walked four in five and two-thirds innings.
In 13.2 innings with Triple-A Albuquerque, Fife has a 4.61 ERA. He made a start for the Dodgers on April 21 against the Orioles, allowing four runs in 4.2 innings. His spot start tomorrow will be the second in a row the Dodgers have needed, as Matt Magill filled in for Hyun-Jin Ryu in this afternoon’s loss.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)