Jun 2, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Chris Capuano will likely be scratched from tomorrow’s start against the Padres due to a strained left triceps. Stephen Fife is expected to make a spot start, reports MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick. Capuano lowered his ERA to 5.45 in his latest start against the Angels, but struggled with control as he walked four in five and two-thirds innings.
In 13.2 innings with Triple-A Albuquerque, Fife has a 4.61 ERA. He made a start for the Dodgers on April 21 against the Orioles, allowing four runs in 4.2 innings. His spot start tomorrow will be the second in a row the Dodgers have needed, as Matt Magill filled in for Hyun-Jin Ryu in this afternoon’s loss.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)