Jun 2, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
Dodgers starter Chris Capuano will likely be scratched from tomorrow’s start against the Padres due to a strained left triceps. Stephen Fife is expected to make a spot start, reports MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick. Capuano lowered his ERA to 5.45 in his latest start against the Angels, but struggled with control as he walked four in five and two-thirds innings.
In 13.2 innings with Triple-A Albuquerque, Fife has a 4.61 ERA. He made a start for the Dodgers on April 21 against the Orioles, allowing four runs in 4.2 innings. His spot start tomorrow will be the second in a row the Dodgers have needed, as Matt Magill filled in for Hyun-Jin Ryu in this afternoon’s loss.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 72
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)