Jun 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore has not played since 2011 and he has not had a full healthy season since George W. Bush was president. But he keeps trying. Nick Cafardo of the Globe reports that this year’s attempt to resume a derailed career has begun, with Sizemore resuming baseball activities.
Cafardo wonders if teams like the Mets might be interested in his services. I think by now we’ve seen this movie enough times, however, where none of us should wonder about him helping anyone until he’s played in actual games for multiple days in a row without breaking down again.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (135)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)