Jun 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore has not played since 2011 and he has not had a full healthy season since George W. Bush was president. But he keeps trying. Nick Cafardo of the Globe reports that this year’s attempt to resume a derailed career has begun, with Sizemore resuming baseball activities.
Cafardo wonders if teams like the Mets might be interested in his services. I think by now we’ve seen this movie enough times, however, where none of us should wonder about him helping anyone until he’s played in actual games for multiple days in a row without breaking down again.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)