Jun 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore has not played since 2011 and he has not had a full healthy season since George W. Bush was president. But he keeps trying. Nick Cafardo of the Globe reports that this year’s attempt to resume a derailed career has begun, with Sizemore resuming baseball activities.
Cafardo wonders if teams like the Mets might be interested in his services. I think by now we’ve seen this movie enough times, however, where none of us should wonder about him helping anyone until he’s played in actual games for multiple days in a row without breaking down again.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)