Jun 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Grady Sizemore has not played since 2011 and he has not had a full healthy season since George W. Bush was president. But he keeps trying. Nick Cafardo of the Globe reports that this year’s attempt to resume a derailed career has begun, with Sizemore resuming baseball activities.
Cafardo wonders if teams like the Mets might be interested in his services. I think by now we’ve seen this movie enough times, however, where none of us should wonder about him helping anyone until he’s played in actual games for multiple days in a row without breaking down again.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)