Jun 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore has not played since 2011 and he has not had a full healthy season since George W. Bush was president. But he keeps trying. Nick Cafardo of the Globe reports that this year’s attempt to resume a derailed career has begun, with Sizemore resuming baseball activities.
Cafardo wonders if teams like the Mets might be interested in his services. I think by now we’ve seen this movie enough times, however, where none of us should wonder about him helping anyone until he’s played in actual games for multiple days in a row without breaking down again.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)